Thursday, January 1, 2009

Looking back


The lesson from Lot's wife, whom looked back and became a pillar of salt, always remind me of what is like to look into the future instead of dwelling in the past. However, I do think that by looking back, will I be able to get a better grip of what I desire in the future and eliminate the unnecessary. This is exceptionally important for me, for I have the memory of a goldfish, if I forget, I really do.

January: Start of a brand new school term. Nothing really special. I was glad to be able to get back to school.

February: Broken up, which make me wonder if long term relationship is possible. (well now I know, it does exist but it doesn't come easy) I was in a pretty bad shape, because of dad's operation and financial burden that I carry. All just simply happened at the same time. (Great..)

March: Still dwelling over it, but realise that friends are the one that are more important, thanks khoon and sy to be there when i needed them.

April: Exams approaching while I started to date again. Turns out that they are not really suitable. (Am i the one with the problem?) And I do realise that I like older ones.

May: Exam liao. Worrying over the financial stuff in the family, emo period peaks..

June: Went to BKK for long awaited shopping and sightseeing. Quite proud of myself for being able to plan and organise the trip from scratch and with the help of friends. Went for ICT to slack the time off.

July: Continue teaching my 3 kids tuition.

August: School term starts, dad's stuff started to stabilise. less medicine needed = less money.

September: Decided to go for SEP and started the tiring yet unavoidable planning and mapping of modules. Really thrilled to know a lot of new friends along the way in the course of the lessons, such as Bahasa Indon and Chem lecture, namely tutorial girl and also Peter, Janice, Kenny and gang. (not forgetting wan rong who has really incredible insights to everything)

October: Stress time for tuition kids since it is the O levels. Work pile up and I could cope. Dad started on new medicine and is worrying me. Weekend mahjong at grandma's still continue though. Finally confirmed going for CHIP.

November: Exam time soon. Nothing much going on other than going out a lot more with friends and family.

December: Go on CHIP. Visited many places of interest in China. Had my first experience of snow skiing and sustaining in an environment of -20 degree of lower. Not forgetting knowing new friends along the way, who may share the different passions as I do, for food, for photography or simply for little nyonya. =) Had a great time for the last day of this year and do hope for better in this already arrived new year.

As for what I told khoon and SY, to hell with New year resolutions, Just hope that everyone is contented and happy with who they are and what they already have. Something that I cant get enough would be health =)

No comments: