Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Rational

Intrigued by the difference between a rational thinker and someone who does things according to feelings (call that irrational, a bit too negative). I sort of wonder where do I stand. I have always been rational. Let's put it this way. In order to be studying Science up to now, I believe I have to be rational somehow and theories therefore must make sense to me in order for me to understand. Just like following the steps in the lab manual, there is a reason for every action. Something like you sleep because you want to rest or you have to, not because you feel like going out (well that is an extreme case of irrationality)

As I was told, a rational person will want to see things done and hence will seize the opportunity or take a leading role in order to fulfill the tasks. As a result, a rational person is dominating. How true is that? For me, not very. I am rather passive. Let's say a group of friends want to go out, I would just listen to what good ideas they have and go on with it. However, when no one can think of something, I'll step in and take charge to make the decision. But isn't it some form of forced domination? So am I active or passive? Or rather, am i rational or otherwise?

I enjoy thinking. Thinking during a journey in the bus, while I am jogging, even before I go to sleep. Think = rational? Haa, i am thinking yet again.

No comments: