Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I Grew up with..



SPEED = hiroko + eriko + takako + hitoe
This line has been scribbled on some of my textbooks and worksheets, here and there, in large or small prints. I watch their concert vcds, download their live performances, purchase their stickers and key chains, listen carefully to their songs till I can sing without understanding what the heck it mean. I was seriously obsessed that I even started a fanclub website for them.

After watching this recent performance of theirs, i soon came with a conclusion that the decision to disband 8 years ago was a good one. In 1997, they sang exactly the same song on NHK 红白歌唱大赛 as they did last year, and i realise that Eriko has improved so much in her technique that she is very stable and her voice sounded great. And for the rest of them, they have become more feminine, especially hiro who sledded her babyfat face. Though they are less popular now (they disbanded at their peak), i think the showbiz was willing to give them respect and equal chances to shine again. And I think they are doing well. All the best SPEED!

No comments: