Monday, September 14, 2009

You gotta pay me to do that

Went out with a new found friend, David, who is well-traveled, friendly and accommodating. We were supposed to go downtown to catch the exhibition at the Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA) at 12.30 pm. To my horror, the express bus 150 does not operate during the weekend and so I would have to take bus 30 which takes an hour or more to get to downtown. Hence I text him and said that I would be very late. A minute later, he called back and said that he could fetch me since he's driving, which is great as it would save time. So we got there, and what a disappointment, I pinned high hopes on MCA, thinking that it would be big and grand, having many exhibits. In the end, we walked to seaport village, which happens to have an art carnival.

We then see the art that we are familiar with. There are many motivated and enthusiastic artists who are selling their work pieces. They are of different forms, metallic sculpture, oil paintings, acrylic paintings, clay figurines, asian-infused art pieces and much more. There are booths that promote theater and musical stuff too. The best part was that, both David and I won a free ticket on the seal tour worth 32 USD each. Fortunately I did not buy the ticket when I visited Old town the other time. So we finished walking around (midway museum) and boarded the final seal tour at 5pm. It was an hour and a half ride, most of it was boring, and cold, due to the chilly strong winds, until the part where we get to see the seals and pelicans in the middle of the ocean, which comes with a fishy smell. So both of us agree that we will not pay to go for such tours, and they have to pay us for us to tour. haha.

Anyway, thanks David for sending me back and inviting me to go Las Vegas with him in October. Hopefully I'll be able to go with him.

No comments: