Friday, September 4, 2009

Dependence

I feel lonely, quite a bit, in this distant place where I don't see my family and friends, maybe this is what homesickness is. Things should be fine. Well, I think Singaporeans are adaptable people, maybe a few weeks later I will start to get accustomed.

Just went for a little bike ride to school with Mandy. It was tricky, since I have never rode a bike on the main road before, I was thrilled yet slightly afraid to be riding and following Mandy on the route to school. (I have watched too much American movie showing how people can suddenly get smashed by an incoming vehicle.) I fell twice, first time because I saw a steep slope at the sidewalk and was worrying that I might fall in there. You know, I tremble and buay steady when I feel scared and so I skid a bit. Hope Mandy din mind me there. After that we did a little turn into the student service center which I wasn't too confident about, hence I fell again. Luckily for today, I din shed blood at all, just some little scratches. Nice to have her to show me around, if not I'll be so lost. I like the school. I went to get my ID card already, with the free bus stamp. I went to pay for my insurance at the cashier's office and we had yogurt.

I freaking love the yogurt here. The concept is totally different from yumi yogurt in Singapore. There are like 10 flavours for the yogurt, from chocolate custard, new york cheesecake to plain tart, vanilla bean. Everything is self service. So I had some peanut butter, berries/passionfruit and peach tart yoghurt. For toppings i had M&Ms, cookie dough, sea coconut, jackfruit and strawberries. It's a pretty and colorful cup of yoghurt (shucks I din take photo!) and cost about 3.50 USD? (38cents per ounce) Peter and I agree that this is good stuff that should be sold in Singapore. Surely it would stir a storm.

Right after the dessert treat, we had a little talk, and then Mandy and Peter dropped me at the Icenter where I submitted my registration form, then went to take a shuttle bus back home, and gosh, the chain of the bike came off, I had to put it back and made my hands all dirty, so I had to clean them on the way. And yay I'm home~! Going for a jog then shop for more groceries later, so I can whip up something at the end of the day.

Behold UCSD, I gonna be an incredible asian boy here.. lah..

No comments: