Sunday, March 8, 2009

Ponders..

As I am writing this entry, I’m actually on my way home from Yishun. Since I’ve brought my laptop out so as to show my tuition kids some photos of the marine environment and the organisms living in it, I might as well use it to do something during this journey.

I was rather intrigued by what CK spoke about, talking about having a fan base and how people worshipped their ‘idols’ just because of how well they looked. So I suddenly recall this show, which I have watched recently. In brief, an idol of a popular boy group in Taiwan was asked to blow his breath into a plastic bag for a ‘lucky’ fan to breathe. Well, the fan was felt ecstatic about this rare opportunity and inhaled rapidly when the breath was released. However, the breath was extremely smelly and so the fan thought that she has been tricked into sniffing some foul gases. When it was confirmed that the gas she has inhaled was truly the breath from her idol, she then changed her comment and claimed that the breath was heavenly. Well, my conclusion is that love is blind, to an extent that we lost our minds into justifying things without much thinking. It is from my idol, how can anything related to him be bad? ‘I think, therefore he is.’ is how I felt about this incident.

So, here’s the question., ‘what we all that is living in this world so shallow?’ Are some actions or we able to condone things that we don’t usually accept that against our principles? Where shall the threshold lie then?

As for myself, I think there is always something that is in us that is much more interesting then what is on the outside. Before you know a person, you might be greeted by the physical looks, like how attractive and how alluring the person might be. Although it might be pleasing to the eyes to see an attractive person, is that all you can get out of another person? Don’t we want to know how the personality and attributes of the person is like, his or her likes or dislikes, what he or she thinks about certain issues, what goals and ambitions he or she may hold and what he or she aims to achieve? Or do we simply stop at stage one?

If a pop idol just remain the same and thinks that he or she can continue to gather fans, think of F4 and what happened about shining across like a meteor. It flashes, and left without a trace, and there goes the end of their careers too.

Okay, I’m alighting soon and I’m getting dizzy and slightly nauseous from all this typing. Tata.

No comments: