Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Importance of being Earnest

First of all, it is my first time attending the gala event, and also the experience of sitting so close the stage (yes, I saw Ivan's saliva, but that shows how much he is absorbed into his character). Looking at how the show has been packaged, the gentle colours and designed, creating somewhat a soft and tender feel (together with the flower prints), the entire cast in specially tailor-made coats, vests and pants, it made me easy to understand and feel comfortable about the English accent and being a bit intellectual, in the sense that it requires you to catch the words and the meaning in time to understand fully. Well, I would recommend this show because I enjoyed myself, partly because the plot itself is interesting and compact that there isn't a part that bores me, and partly because this show is entirely performed by a full male cast~! The costumes, gestures/body language of the actors can help me differentiat with ease, who is playing the female part, without having to change his voice or go drag. kudos to that. It is also my first time listening to T'ang quartet, after hearing so much about them from my friends. Although I might not be able to appreciate classical music or comment much, the music they played are smoothing to the ears, definitely unlike the types i usually listen.

Anyone who wants to be Earnest?

No comments: