Sunday, April 26, 2009

Knowing little is bliss

I was feeling uneasy and a little traumatized by 'Knowing', the movie kai and I watched yesterday. As many would have know, it is about someone who has the ability to predict the date, venue and the number of deaths in a major unnatural disaster, and gets creepier as once it has been predicted, it cannot be altered, which eventually everyone else dies. Furthermore, it links (although it is rather crappy more than informative) with quotes from the bible, reminding people that we are living in the end times, and has to be prepared for the Lord to take us. I would have this show better if it connects to environmental problems that we are facing these days, due to rapid urbanization and the tolls on mother nature.

So in the movie, one of the characters, knows exactly which date she is going to die, and it is absolutely disturbing. Hence, I really think that knowing little is bliss, and to live life and love life every single day is much more important than worrying about things that have yet to come (and I really do that alot).

I have been busy, you know, watching show to entertain myself, and revising for the examinations. Well, I am looking forward to the holidays, more than anything else.

No comments: