Thursday, January 28, 2010

Selfish vs Selfless

I do realize that I'm doing much lesser than what I used to do in the past. I was the know-all-do-all guy, where I would go jogging in the morning and buy breakfast for the family, run errands like getting the newspaper or groceries readily without procrastination. I could spend more time concentrating on work and make sure that things are still in control.

I do realize that the furthest part that is within our control is just the tip of our nose, or other parts that is longer, like feet, as told by Peter. I was so caught up in wanting more, to be able to explore more of US, be able to do touristy stuff like others. Unknowingly, I found myself trapped in a phase where I was competing with others, and not focusing on the experience itself. I change my mindset after that but at the same time, I know that when you want something bad enough, you go all out to get it. For instance, I left a day out just for visiting UCLA, Chinatown, Hollywood and the Getty Center, just because I really want to.

I do realize that sometimes, I would feel that when I don't want or can't get something, I wish that others will fail to get it. This is extremely selfish and I don't like that feeling. I have to gradually change that thinking. =)

1 comment:

Eddie said...

There are so many things in life that we cannot obtain, countless tasks we cannot accomplish. While we may have gained something, we loose others as a consequence. It's a trade-off. Our philosophy of life guides us which stuff to gather, which stuff to let go. So appreciate what you have, and let go those that are not meant to be.